Urban Effects will provide the services agreed upon by both parties. This is done through our “Service Selection” form, or by speaking with an Urban Effects employee to confirm services, or to add additional services. We will schedule your service(s) accordingly. Any services will be granted based on availability. Schedules are set to maximize performance; due to uncontrollable weather conditions, we cannot specify an exact day or time of service and we reserve the right to change the scheduled date/time if necessary. You grant permission for Urban Effects employees or personnel to access your property to perform services. You permit us to use your driveway to park our vehicle(s) if we deem it necessary and/or if there is no street parking available within close proximity to the service area.
Mowing will be done on contractual terms. The client agrees to a full season of mowing, including agreeing to pay for a full season of mowing. A full season of mowing consists of 1 cut per week for a duration of 26-30 weeks. This period is up to Urban Effects' discretion (depending on the weather for that year). The mowing season typically starts the 2nd week of April and finishes at the end of October. Spring/Fall cleanups will be in addition to the 26-30 weeks of mowing. Spring cleanups begin in the month of March -depending on weather. Fall cleanups begin at the end of the mowing season through end of November.
All mowing clients/services must be on a weekly schedule. We do not provide bi-weekly, services. One-time cuts will only be granted based on availability. Urban Effects will give each client a day of the week that their property will be serviced. We reserve the right to service your property up to two days before or after your scheduled service date -additionally dependent on factors out of our control, such as weather. We will do our best to maintain a consistent schedule and to service your property on your scheduled day of service to the best of our abilities. Services that are delayed due to weather will be rescheduled for the next weather-permitting day, or shortly thereafter -dependent upon the number of continuous days affected by weather. Day-of-the-week service requests will be granted based on availability. Urban Effects has the right to change the day of service without notice to maximize performance. However, we will advise you of schedule changes. During times of extreme heat or low rainfall, Urban Effects reserves the right to skip mowing, and trim and blow certain areas of the yard instead, keeping your lawn looking tidy. Mowing during extreme heat and low rainfall periods where grass has not grown enough to cut it will only damage the health of your lawn. During these situations, invoicing will remain at the agreed upon fees -prices will not be adjusted.
The terms and conditions of the following subheadings are all amalgamated together and apply to each aspect of service regardless of the heading it is under.
Mowing of all turf areas:
- Turf areas will be cut at an average height of approximately 2.75” during the Spring and Summer months
- The grass is cut at the height of 2.75” during peak season to encourage deeper root growth, reducing weeds in the lawn, improve overall density, and reduce stress and disease outbreak on the turf.
- Turf areas can be cut higher or shorter upon client request. If damage or overgrowth occur, Urban Effects will not be held responsible for remedying the situation.
- In late fall and/or for the final cut of the season, the grass will be cut to a height of 2.25”.
- Grass clippings will be mulched back onto the yard. If you require bagging, there will be an additional surcharge for bagging and/or hauling away clippings. If we do not haul away the clippings, they will be left in lawn bags in an appropriate spot on your property.
- Urban Effects can mow during rain, or when the grass is wet if we deem that it is safe and appropriate to maintain a high-quality cut. Mower blades will be sharp at all times to provide a high-quality cut and minimize disease.
- Urban Effects is not responsible for stressed turf or the death of any turf areas due to cutting height, disease, weed infection, or any other outbreak that may occur on or surrounding the turf areas.
- We are not responsible for grass clippings that may occasionally end up in garden beds, pools, or any other area where grass clippings do not belong, however, we will employ our best efforts to contain grass clippings within the turf areas.
- Damage to cables, lines, pipes, irrigation heads, etc., not installed below ground level is not our responsibility. The service area must be accessible and free of obstructions (lawn furniture, toys, trash, bio-hazardous materials, pets, animal feces, wet grass due to sprinklers being on before or during service, chemicals on the yard, etc.) prior to the scheduled visit, or service may be skipped or rescheduled as time permits without a discount or refund.
- Animal feces on the lawn will be subject to an extra equipment cleaning fee starting at $25. We reserve the right not to service certain areas of the property where we deem there is a threat to service personnels’ safety, or risk of damaging our equipment, the client's property, or any other obstructions on the property. If we deem there is a potential threat to our well being or your property’s, we have the right to refuse that service, providing no refunds or discounts.
String trimming and/or Edging:
- Trimming or edging of turf edges includes areas such as: around trees, plants/garden beds, buildings, sidewalks, curbs, driveways, patios, parking lots, fences, and other surfaced areas bordered by grass will be trimmed/edged accordingly.
- Trimming does not include trimming weeds between patio pavers, or cracks in any driveways, walkways, or hard surfaces.
- Edging or trimming will not be performed to certain areas of the property where we deem there is a threat to service personnel safety, risk of damaging our equipment, damaging plants, or anything else on the client's property, or any other obstructions on the property.
- To provide a professional appearance to your service, all grass clippings will be blown off of or out of garden beds, sidewalks, curbs, driveways, patios, parking lots, roadways, etc.
- Trimmings will not be blown into roadways, or sewer drains.
- If the grass is damp or wet when cutting, it may be difficult to remove all the clippings from hard surfaces. Some clippings or temporary stain marks may be left on driveways or hard surfaces however, we will do our best to remove as much as we can.
- Some mulch, or dirt from garden beds may end up in the grass from blowing grass clippings out of the garden beds. We will do our best to minimize the dirt and mulch that ends up on the turf areas as a result of blowing.
- Debris from the road may inadvertently end up in your yard while blowing grass clippings back onto your yard.
Spring, Fall & General Cleanups:
- Cleanup services will vary based on the customer's needs.
- Most cleanups will consist of removing leaves, branches and other debris from turf areas, garden beds, patios, driveways, walkways, etc., using blowers, rakes, lawnmowers, and other garden tools.
- Bushes, shrubs and trees may be cut back, trimmed, or pruned at this time if necessary, and at the customer's request. We are not responsible for the death of any plants or bare spots being created in shrubs or trees, due to pruning or trimming.
- Leaf cleanups may be done multiple times throughout the Fall season until leaves have fallen off of all surrounding trees. Leaves and debris will be left in lawn bags on the property in an appropriate area for the client to dispose of, or Urban Effects will haul away the waste at the customer's request for an extra fee.
- We cannot guarantee that all leaves, trimmings, or clippings will be removed from garden beds, patios, pools, or turf areas, however, we will do our best to collect as much as we can.
- If bark mulch is to be installed, we do so at an approximate thickness of 2-3”. This helps to prevent weed growth through the mulch, as well as to allow water to still reach the soil. We cannot guarantee that weeds will not grow through the mulch.
- If we are planting provided plants/shrubs, Urban Effects is not liable for plants that do not root properly, become diseased, or are malnourished and die.
2023 Contract, Service Agreement, and Terms & Conditions
These are Urban Effects Lawn Care Inc (Urban Effects) Terms and Conditions. This document will outline the Terms and Conditions of service, as well as the responsibilities that the client has. These terms are between the client and Urban Effects and govern our respective rights and obligations. The use of any Urban Effects services is governed by our Terms and Conditions. If you contract Urban Effects and/or use any of our services, you accept these terms, conditions, limitations and requirements.
The Client agrees to have Urban Effects perform agreed-upon services on their property. All clients must agree to the following Terms and Conditions and sign this document before any work can be completed. Please read these terms carefully.